Code of Conduct
Salt Lake Swing is committed to creating and sustaining a welcoming community, and we believe that everyone has a right to feel safe and respected. It is our expectation that everyone will take an active role in maintaining a safe and fun social environment. Please educate yourself about what language and behaviors constitute harassment and avoid them. While at our events (and hopefully throughout your life), we expect that you:
- Take ownership of your actions and language. If you are informed that you are making someone uncomfortable, check your behavior, and make a change. It often takes a lot of courage for someone to speak up about something that makes them uncomfortable; please understand your actions may not always be perceived the way you intended them to be.
- Interact with others in a mature and respectful way that contributes to an overall fun and positive environment.
If you experience or observe a situation that threatens the safety of yourself or others, you can take action in one of the following ways:
- If you feel comfortable doing so, address your concern with the person in question.
- Report it to one of the organizers at the venue. If you don't know who the organizers are, just ask and someone will point them out!
- Send an email with a detailed description of the incident to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt Lake Swing will treat any reported concerns professionally and confidentially. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind, and we reserve the right to take appropriate actions towards those that perpetrate harassing behavior.
Thank you for your help in ensuring that our events remain safe, fun and welcoming to everyone!